Current Series: God In You: The Work & Wonder of the Holy Spirit
This Sunday: Power and Person of the Spirit is Greater
Primary Text: Romans 8:1-17, John 14-17
- In light of Sunday’s message and service, go around and share something of interest or a personal application.
- Talk about fear as a group. Quickly list the most common fears. Now without naming names, discuss fears we see in our close friends, family and even in ourselves.
- Failure can cause us to retreat from life. Do you agree or disagree? Explain.
- Two biblical principles for discovering a Spirit-filled life: hunger and surrender. Talk about a physical hunger. How does that preoccupy your mind? Is it easy to take your mind off of hunger when you are seriously needing food?
- How about surrender? Share an example of someone in your life who lives surrendered to God. What leads you to say that they live a surrendered life?
- Do you live confidently? How does your relationship with the Holy Spirit help you to live in confidence?
- What is one next step you will commit to take this week?