Current Series: Broken People – Faithful God: Journey Through Judges
This Sunday: Failure To Drive Out
Primary Text: Judges 1 & 2:10; Deuteronomy 20:16; Romans 7
- Reflect on the three chairs from last week. Do you have any insight or personal examples where you noticed a 1st chair, 2nd chair, or 3rd chair conversation or decision?
- In light of Sunday’s message on Failure To Drive Out, go around and share something of interest or a personal application.
- Read Deuteronomy 20:16, Judges 1 and 2:10. What was the sin of the Israelites? Talk about the temptation for the people to fall into that sin.
- In groups of 2-3, pick a couple of sins. Why are they so tempting?
- Consider your past week. What cultural norms or societal habits naturally want to pull you away from God the most?
- Is there another person in your life who knows your strongest temptations that draw you away from God? If so, who is that person?
- Pray as a group for the daily temptations we face, the courage to find support and the power to renew our minds. Pray Romans 12:2.
- Read Romans 7:21-25 silently and reflect for 5 minutes. Offer people to share afterwards.
- What is one next step you will commit to take this week?