Current Series: It Is Finished
This Sunday: Part 2
Primary Text: John 19:30
- Discuss the message from Sunday. What is one point that you took from the message.
- Define atonement. Describe it as if you were explaining it to a 12 year old taking out the complicated words.
- What do we need to believe about ourselves for atonement affect us in a significant way?
- Why do you need atonement in your own life?
- Atonement doesn’t mean much when we minimize sin. How have you minimized your own sin in the past?
- What does atonement mean for you today? How do you treat your family, co-workers, friends differently because of this belief?
- Take some time to celebrate the message of Easter. Consider communion, singing a hymn, listening to a song, spending time in prayer focusing on praising Him.